Monday, September 22, 2008

Haleakala

Here is a slideshow of pictures I took when we went up to watch the sunrise on Haleakala, the tallest mountain on Maui at 10,000 ft. tall.



Haleakala was amazing. We got up at 4 a.m. so that we could see the sun rise from the top. We did this on the second day we were in Maui, so that we could get up at 4 in the morning because we were still jet lagged. When we got up there we went on a short hike up to a better viewing location and waited for the sun to come up. I was one of the first to see the sun, but when I saw it I didn't even realize what it was! Here is what I said:
"What's that glowing thing on the horizon?"
In fairness, this is what I was looking at, and at the time I had been trying to see if I could see the Big Island from up there, but still, that was what we had gone up there for. After the sun had risen and wasn't as interesting anymore, we drove over to the actual summit (this is where I took the picture of the 10,000 ft. sign and the pictures of the entire rest of Maui). Later, we drove to some other viewpoints and got some more pictures. It was incredible.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ted. Your Haleakala pictures are pretty great. I hope you are having a good time with this blogging stuff. I think people (me) and other family would like to hear "your" impressions and memories ( maybe)

    You are a cool kid.
    Love, Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teddy! We have had some computer problems so we weren't able to view your blog until today. It's great! We will enjoy being able to share some of your experiences with you.

    Love, Grammy & Pop Pop

    ReplyDelete